Template for Outline: Assignment 1
- What is your challenge or opportunity?
- Why is this professionally important to you?
- What goals or outcomes do you want to achieve with this communication?
- Is the communication goal clear, concise, and actionable?
- Who is your target audience?
- What are the professional positions of the audience members?
- What demographic characteristics will the audience comprise?
- What does the audience know, feel about, and expect concerning this communication?
- What preconceptions or biases do you possess that might prevent you from building rapport with your audience?
- What information is available about your audience?
- What research or sources will you use to obtain information about the audience?
- What conclusions have you been able to draw about the audience?
- What tone will you use to convey your message?
- Is the setting casual or formal?
- Is the communication personal or impersonal?
- Key Message:
- What is the primary message you must convey to your audience?
- Is the message compelling and memorable?
- Is the message clear and concise?
- Is the message aligned with your audience’s goals and needs?
- Supporting Points:
- What three or four points, reasons, or justifications support your message?
- What research or sources will you use to obtain facts and data about your message?
- Channel Selection:
- What communication style will you employ (tell/sell or consult/join) and why?
- What channels will you use to deliver your message, and why will they be the most effective?
- What purpose is served by each style and channel you have selected?
- Action Request:
- What is your action request?
- Is the action request you are making to your audience clear, concise, and easily actionable?
The employment market is never static as people opt out of their current employment positions to pursue further education or even seek greener pastures elsewhere. Turnovers are common occurrences in any workplace, and while they happen for different reasons, the expected outcome is that the employer must devise mechanisms to address such situations. Therefore, probing the topic helps employers appreciate internal promotions’ significance in filling different roles and guaranteeing business continuity amid transitions at different levels. It serves as a trigger for the organization to invest in elaborate mechanisms designed to facilitate a competent rollout of internal promotions.