You are a consultant hired to provide guidance for a family-owned small sized accounting and financial consulting service business with their employees based in Vancouver, B.C. The organization earns revenue through providing a range of accounting and consulting services to customers British Columbia. The organization structure is hierarchical in nature. The CEO makes all the major decisions but looks to the staff for their buy-in and recommendations.
Although very successful in delivering the service to clients, much of the work is done using little digital technology. For example, accounting is very much paper based with rooms full of boxes of invoices and other accounting documents.
The CEO of the company has heard about the digital transformation and wonders what that would look like for the company. Unfortunately, the CEO knows little to nothing about what digital transformation means. If the CEO likes the idea, you might get hired to create a plan and execute a digital transformation for the business.
The first part of the assignment is to write a paper that explains the concept of digital transformation to the company CEO. The paper will do a deep exploration and provide the CEO with a broad view of digital transformation and explains how your consulting team might be able to help with the transformation. Your paper should be geared towards convincing the CEO to accept your proposal of creating a digital transformation across the business.
Given the limited information, create a list of assumptions about the business.
Your assumptions can be in regard to the number of employees, various employee positions, current issues, work processes, inefficiencies, corporate culture, and any other factors you might choose.
The paper will contain the following:
Do not use generic definitions and statements. All your explanations and statements should address the assumptions you have made about the company. Your paper is geared towards convincing the CEO TO ACCEPT YOUR PROPOSED DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION.
|Subject Matter (55%)||Subject Matter (55%)|
|· Key elements of assignments are covered|
· Content is comprehensive, accurate, persuasive
· Displays an understanding of relevant theory
· Major points supported by specific references
· Research is adequate/timely and citations are academically valid.
|Organization (15%)||Organization (15%)|
|· The introduction provides a sufficient background on the topic and previews major points|
· Central theme/purpose is immediately clear
· Structure is clear, logical, and easy to follow with proper headings
· Subsequent sections develop/support the central theme
· The conclusion follows logically from the body of the paper
|Style/Mechanics (30%)||Style/Mechanics (30%)|
|APA 7th (10%)|
· Title page is present and properly formatted – separate page
· Reference page is present and properly formatted – separate page
· Citations/reference page follow APA guidelines
· Properly cites ideas from other sources
· Sentences are complete, clear, and concise
· Sentences are well-constructed with consistently strong, varied structure
· Transitions between sentences/paragraphs/sections help maintain the flow of thought
· Words used are precise and unambiguous
· The tone is appropriate to the audience, content, and assignment
|Grade on 100||Subtotal||100|
Most organizations’ ultimate objective is to consistently perform well for an extended period. Organizations must eliminate any wastages within their operations (IBM, n.d.). Doing this will enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of their operations, leading to improved long-term viability and sustainability (IBM, n.d.). Technological advancements have transformed most aspects of society, including the corporate world (IBM, n.d.). One of the significant by-products of integrating these advancements into organizations’ operations is supporting the digital transformation of working environments. Generally, digital transformation denotes the use of digital technologies to create new or modify existing business processes, customer