Discussion 1: Take any of the situational factors explored in the Video Lecture.
Explore why you felt pressured to do something unethical because of the situation you were put in.
How did you react to that situation?
How did it make you FEEL to be in that situational factor?
If you had a chance to experience that situation all over again, would you do it differently?
summarize both articles.
You do not need to get into the weeds regarding statistical methods. Follow this format.
1) Why did they conduct their study?
2) HOW did they conduct this study? What was their process?
3) What were the results of this study?
4) What were the major implications of their research?
5) Were these peer-reviewed research articles? How can you tell?
Answer those questions in your own words for both research articles.
Be sure to explain how these articles fit into the topic of “Situational Factors of Ethics.
Readings are attached below: Rushing to Appear Virtuous: Time Pressure Increases Socially Desirable Responding & Blind loyalty? When group loyalty makes us see evil or engage in it
I want the answer for each of the discussion posts to be 2 pages long. I need it for a video where it can be at least 5 minutes long.
Questions for reading:
1. From the textbook (chapters 9 & 10): Name at least 2 different types of obligations you’ve experienced in your life. Have those obligations ever posed contradictions to each other in regards to ethical behavior? Give me an example. [2 types, 2 paragraphs explanations]
2. Why does the author incorporate “Moral Ideals” into his textbook? How is it relevant to ethical decision making? [2 paragraphs explaining moral ideas, and how they are relevant to understanding ethical decision making]
3. Give an example in your life when you’ve had conflicts between IDEALS and OBLIGATIONS. Fully flesh out the scenario you were in. How did the situation resolve? Are you proud of how you acted in this scenario? Use terminology from the chapters to receive credit for this answer. [at least 1 ideals, 1 obligation, and 2 paragraphs explaining the scenario and situation, must use terminology from the chapters]
Questions for video:
1 paragraph at least 4 sentences. Specific examples from the video must be given.
People often have different obligations, depending on their circumstances. Ruggiero (2015) defined an obligation as a restriction imposed on a person’s conduct that demands the person to do something or avoid doing it. Throughout my life, I have had to deal with numerous different obligations. The two that immediately came to mind were my obligation to my best friend and my country. Concerning my friend, he expected me to be loyal to him, trustworthy, and rejoice when he succeeded. As a citizen of my country, I am obligated to respect its laws and, thus, avoid breaking any law.