Human Resource Management Strategy
Topic: Human Resource Management Strategy
Write a forty (40) page paper in which you:
- Use the following outline guide to document a Human Resource Management Strategy. At a minimum, it must address the following areas:
- Use at least ten (10) peer reviewed articles resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Spacing setting must be: Before=0, After=0, Line spacing =Double, At= blank
Use the following template for the paper… APA_Template_With_Advice_(6th_Ed) .doc
Sections of the Capstone
- Title Page
- Introduction / Background
- Purpose Statement / Research Question(s)
- Literature Review
- Title of Project
- Your Name
- Faculty Advisor’s Name
- Date Submitted
- Summarizes the entire paper
- Should be written after the rest of the paper
- Required as part of the third submission
- Should be written in same organizational scheme as the rest of the paper
- Can be written as in sections of paper – introduction, methods, results, discussion, conclusion
- Length should not exceed 300 word
Introduction / Background
- What is the topic, and why is it important?
- What other research has been conducted on this topic?
- What do we already know?
Purpose Statement / Research Question(s)
- Purpose Statement / Research Question(s)
- What is the purpose of this paper?
- What question are you trying to answer?
- Be brief – If more than 1 purpose/question, limit to 1 short paragraph on each
- Paper must include lit review
- Could be included in various sections
- Literature Review (as separate section)
- Results (if performing lit review as project)
- Choose the most appropriate section for your paper
- Should provide basis for paper
- Synthesize & discuss reviewed literature
- What have previous studies shown?
- What are the strengths, weaknesses, trends, & opportunities?
- Must cite numerous reputable sources
- Ex – journal articles, books, technical reports, etc.
- What methodology did you use?
- How did you do your study?
- Possible methodologies to discuss:
- Outcome measures
- Data collection
- Analysis of data
- What were the results? What did you find?
- What did the study/project demonstrate or accomplish?
- Be detailed and specific
- Consider organizing into sub-sections
- Display information in various formats
- Use bulleted lists, tables, charts, graphs, etc.
- Discuss results in detail
- Put into context of existing base of knowledge
- How do these results fit into data presented in lit review?
- Do they support/contradict previous findings?
- Discuss limitations
- What were the limitations of this study?
- Did you encounter any difficulties or barriers in the implementation of this project?
- Discrete conclusions supported by evidence
- Summarize findings
- Give equal attention to positive and negative conclusions
- Implications of your project
- Given the results, why is it important?
- Further study/effort implied by conclusions
- What further research/programs are needed?
- What do you recommend?
- You MUST cite your sources
- Cite sources in body of paper (not just at end)
- Use APA format
- Additional info / support materials
- Letters of support / IRB letters
- Survey/interview instruments
- Data analysis coding sheet
This study is a discussion of human resource management (HRM) strategy through a qualitative comparative case study analysis of the top 5 retailers in the US. The HRM strategy is based on the need for integration of HRM practices to the organization’s strategic goals to strategic success. In the US, strategic HRM is considered a significant management approach that has experienced critical attention, especially since the 1980s. An extensive literature provides effective models HRM strategy, approaches for establishing successful HRM practices, and the different activities that have a positive relationship to the organization’s success. However, significant changes have occurred in the American business environment, and the existing framework has no detailed accounts of the changes as aligned for different industries. The results show that HRM practices such as hiring top talents, strategic compensation,