Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word paper on the goals, objectives, and challenges of criminal justice organizations and private security entities.
Compare and contrast criminal justice organizations and private security entities by discussing the following:
- Differing goals and objectives of federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies
- Challenges facing federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies
- Roles of the federal, state, and local court systems with respect to public safety and civil rights
- Objectives of probation, parole, and correctional organizations in regard to public safety and individual rights
- The privatization of government services with respect to policing, courts, and corrections
- The role of corporate or private security
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
The Federal government has various law enforcement agencies with different goals and objectives. Some of the major federal law enforcement agencies are the United States Marshal’s Service, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, U.S. Customs Service, Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (ATF), Drug Enforcement Authority (DEA), and the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) (Conser et al., 2011). The US Marshal’s Service is tasked with protecting federal judges, jurors, and courts. Furthermore, agents are also tasked with guarding federal prisoners from the moment they are arrested until they get convicted, investigate any violation of federal fugitive laws, and finally, keeping custody of property and monies sized due to federal law violations.