For this assignment, assume you are a compensation analyst in a large financial services company. You have been in your role for almost a year. At your weekly one-on-one with your boss, she tells you that the human resources representatives at the company are fielding a number of questions from employees and applicants about compensation. The human resource representatives’ knowledge of compensation is not deep.
She asks that you prepare and deliver a 10- to 15-minute PowerPoint presentation (10–15 slides) at an upcoming departmental meeting that provides basic information about what is going on in the compensation field today. Specifically, she wants you to address compensation strategies that companies employ, note three of their best compensation practices, and examine three compensation challenges today’s companies are facing.
Develop and deliver a 10–15 minute audio PowerPoint presentation (10 to 15 slides) in which you:
- Communicating organizational philosophy on compensation:
- Communication is essential for fostering mutual understanding (Indrasari et al., 2019).
- The organization must have defined values appertaining to compensation.
- Compensation must demonstrate they value staff working in different capacities (Indrasari et al., 2019).
- However, a organization may generalize what employees value yet employees have different expectations.
[Slide 7 of 12]