we are going to complete a reflection activity.
This discussion topic is to be reflective and will be using your own words and not a compilation of direct citations from other papers or sources. You can use citations in your posts, but this discussion exercise should be about what you have learned through your viewpoint and not a re-hash of any particular article, topic, or the book.
Items to include in the initial thread:
you can pick any of the interesting ones from the reading
1. the concept of corporate forensics using COBIT and NIST governance models. In addition, we will study the emerging trends in digital forensics and discuss the use of metrics in forensics measurements.
2. the concept of risk modeling
Few Reading Assignments:
1. Beasley, M. S. (2016). What is Enterprise Risk Management? Retrieved from https://erm.ncsu.edu/az/erm/i/
2. Hopkin, P. (2017). Fundamentals of Risk Management: Understanding, Evaluating and Implementing Effective Risk Management (Vol. Fourth Edition). New York: Kogan – Pages 96-103. ( Part Two, Section 08 Enterprise Risk Management )
3. Do, H., Railwaywalla, M., & Thayer, J. (2016). Integration of ERM with Strategy (p. 35). Retrieved from Poole College of Management, NCSU website: https://erm.ncsu.edu/az/erm/i/
4. Enterprise Risk Management Integrating with Strategy and Performance Executive Summary. (2017, June). Retrieved from https://www.coso.org/
5. Etges, A. P. B. da S., Grenon, V., Lu, M., Cardoso, R. B., de Souza, J. S., Kliemann Neto, F. J., & Felix, E. A. (2018). Development of an enterprise risk inventory for healthcare. BMC Health Services Research, 18(1), N.PAG. https://doi.org/10.1186/
6. Schiller, F., & Prpich, G. (2014). Learning to organise risk management in organisations: what future for enterprise risk management? Journal of Risk Research, 17(8), 999–1017. https://doi.org/10.1080/
In the enterprise risk management course, some of the most exciting assignments were the concept of corporate forensic using COBIT and NIST governance and emerging trends in digital forensics, and the concept of risk modeling. The idea of corporate forensics to combat intellectual property theft, insider threat, fraud, and other frauds is insightful. The knowledge of corporate forensic governance and its importance creates awareness of how the companies can maximize corporate forensic governance gains for effective and efficient forensic investigation. Notably, COBIT and NIST’s use depicts innovative use of technology for high-quality information and achievement of the organization’s strategic goals. The emerging trends are more remarkable since they provide a new digital forensic aspect to include IoT forensic, social media forensic, and internet forensic.