- Week 6 This week’s class discussion is on chapters 8-10 in the attached textbook and article. Please do the same thing for Week 7 except week 7 discussions is on chapter 11-12, Please write up week 6 and week 7 on different pages no cover sheet is needed just cite and attach links to each article for each week
- Find a recent news article (2015 or newer) that relates to the content discussed in that week’s class. You have broad discretion in choosing this article. The important part is that the article is, in some way, related to the week’s content.
- In a few sentences, provide a brief summary of the article (the key points, particularly those that you find relevant to the week’s content).
- Describe how the article is related to the week’s content.
- Describe what new conclusions, insights, or understanding you have about the article after considering it within the context of what we learned this week. This is the most important part of the assignment – the goal here is to integrate what you learned this week into the way you are thinking about this article to come up with new insights or understanding that you wouldn’t have had before understanding this material.
Anxiety disorder is a mental illness that causes increased nervousness, worry, and fear over different events and activities. Adam Felman, in his article, describes the symptoms, types, causes, treatment, and prevention interventions for this disorder (Felman, 2020). It also explains the different diagnoses for anxiety disorder; they include generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, separation anxiety disorder, agoraphobia, and specific phobia. This article is relevant and relates to what we learned in class in week six under chapters 8-10, which describe mental health conditions. Adam Felman, just like explained by Dziegielewski & Leon (2010), explains how anxiety disorders are caused and diagnosed. However, Adam gives more insights into the different types of disorders caused by anxiety.