The Impact on Nursing Informatics on Patient Outcomes and Patient Care Efficiencies
The Impact of Nursing Informatics on Patient Outcomes and Patient Care Efficiencies
- Review the concepts of technology application as presented in the Resources.
- Reflect on how emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence may help fortify nursing informatics as a specialty by leading to increased impact on patient outcomes or patient care efficiencies.
The Assignment: (4-5 pages)
In a 4- to 5-page project proposal written to the leadership of your healthcare organization, propose a nursing informatics project for your organization that you advocate to improve patient outcomes or patient-care efficiency. Your project proposal should include the following:
- Describe the project you propose.
- Identify the stakeholders impacted by this project.
- Explain the patient outcome(s) or patient-care efficiencies this project is aimed at improving and explain how this improvement would occur. Be specific and provide examples.
- Identify the technologies required to implement this project and explain why.
- Identify the project team (by roles) and explain how you would incorporate the nurse informaticist in the project team.
Nursing informatics has a significant role it plays in improving patient outcomes as well as patient care efficiencies. According to McCormick and Saba (2015), specialists in nursing informatics have utilized health information technology to make great contributions in healthcare settings. As health organizations are expanding, they consequentially have to provide quality care and deliver it timely to patients. In the contemporary world, health organizations that are still using traditional approaches methods of management encounter challenges in trying to synchronize functions in various departments in healthcare units (Sewell, 2018). With that in mind, the proposed nursing informatics project to the leadership of the healthcare organization that I offer my services is the implementation of a computerized hospital management system.
Description of the Proposed Project
Healthcare facilities in rural settings have major challenges in providing quality and efficient care to patients. Mamlaka Healthcare Organization is one of the healthcare care facilities that is trying to beat the odds in meeting the needs of every stakeholder….