What comes to mind when you think of the term information systems? Has your definition changed after reading this week’s Learning Resources? You might focus on the technological components that collect data and disseminate information. Or, you might focus on how people interact with information systems, such as how they use the information or how management information systems are implemented. Whichever aspect stands out, it’s important to know how information systems continue to grow and affect organizations around the world.
In this Assignment, you will respond to a set of questions on information technology, management information systems, and hardware and software.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources.
- Refer to the Academic Writing Expectations for 2000/3000-Level Courses as you compose your Assignment.
Submit your responses to the following prompts:
- Define information and information technology and provide examples of each. (75 words, or 1 paragraph)
- Describe the role of management information systems in supporting a company’s business functions. (150 words, or 2 paragraphs)
- Select two types of information systems a company might need and explain why those systems are important. (75–150 words, or 1–2 paragraphs)
- People, information, and information technology are key resources in an organization. Place these three resources in order of importance to an organization (1 being most important, 3 being least important), and explain why you have ordered them as you have. (150–225 words, or 2–3 paragraphs)
- Describe the role of the knowledge workers, or people, in a company in ensuring the management information
- systems are used effectively. (75–150 words, or 1–2 paragraphs)
- Define the terms hardware and software. (75 words, or 1 paragraph)
- Identify three types of hardware required to support a company’s operations and describe how they support those operations. (75 words, or 1 paragraph)
- Identify three types of software required to support a company’s operations and describe how they support those operations. (75 words, or 1 paragraph)
Technology has revolutionized processes in the workplace by making work more manageable and efficient. Innovators have constantly shown their prowess in developing technologies that automate processes through codified procedures and algorithms that help solve organizational problems. Due to the diversity of technology use in organizations, there is a need for understanding the concepts in information systems and support systems used in the management of information.