Final Project Milestone Three: Kotter’s Steps 5 and 6
PLEASE SEE ATTACHED
Review the case study “Alaska Airlines: Navigating Change” and then complete the following: (a) State what actually occurred in the case regarding Kotter’s steps 5 and 6 of empowering employees for broad-based action and generating short-term wins, and (b) address each of the critical elements for Section II parts E and F in your change effort analysis. Make sure to include your recommendations for implementing Kotter’s steps 5 and 6.
E. Enable Action by Removing Barriers
- Identify the forces, barriers, and hindrances to the organizational change effort, and describe each.
- How can resistance be recognized? How will you eliminate resistance or mitigate its impact on the implementation of the change plan?
- Describe actions that will enable and empower employees to help drive the change effort.
F. Generate Short-Term Wins
- Determine how you will generate short-term wins. How will you reward these wins?
- What can be gained from short-term wins? Support your response.
Guidelines for Submission: Your paper must be submitted as a 3–6-page Microsoft Word document with double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, oneinch margins, and at least three sources cited in APA format.
Requirements: 3-6 PAGES
The change process in Alaska Airlines was impacted by various forces, barriers, and hindrances. The change manager should explicitly identify and eliminate these hindrances. For the company to fix the challenges, it faced in its operations. There was a need for higher-level commitment to fix the Seattle hub and the whole system (Avolio, Patterson, & Baker, 2015). One significant constraint was employees’ resistance to change. Particularly the pilots resisted the performance efforts since they were concerned with pay cuts.