Intro to NPO-Vision and Mission
The Assignment: 2 Pages
Part 1: Analysis of Vision and Mission Statements
For the organization you are analyzing (The Trevor Project), do the following:
- Provide a brief description of the NPO/NGO (The Trevor Project), including the context within which it exists.
- Provide a summary of the organization’s mission and vision. In this summary, identify the words in the mission statement that indicate the organization’s purpose, approach, and values.
- Evaluate the degree to which the organization’s outcomes reflect the mission and vision, using specific examples, or explain what you believe to be the most important function of this NPO’s mission and why.
- Explain the strengths and weaknesses of the vision and mission statements and make recommendations for improving them.
- Tschirhart, M., & Bielefeld, W. (2012). Managing nonprofit organizations. Somerset, NJ: Wiley.
Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Grantspace by Candid. (2008). Defining mission and vision. [Video] Retrieved from https://grantspace.org/training/defining-mission-and-vision/
- Kariyawasam, N. (2013, February 18). Distinguishing between mission and vision. Retrieved from http://uwyonpmgt.blogspot.com/2013/02/distinction-between-mission-and-vision.html
- McNamara, C. (n.d.-b). Basics of developing mission, vision and values statements. Retrieved March 5, 2015, from http://managementhelp.org/strategicplanning/mission-vision-values.htm#anchor519441
Requirements: 2 pages double spaced
The Trevor Project is an institution that intervenes for young individuals that struggle with suicide and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer challenges. The program within this organization focuses on support systems such as a lifeline for calling, chats and texting to offer free and confidential services. Trevor Project provides young persons with crisis intervention plans and how to overcome suicide. This program exists in the context of creating a world in which members of the LGBTQ can feel accepted and foresee a brighter future ahead. It is why the organization offers young people access to their life-saving services. They attempt to connect more deeply with this group and provide better experiences. A safe networking social