Summary & Analysis of Nurse Manager Interview
Interview a nurse manager to explore the external factors that influence decision making such as health policy, regulatory requirements, accreditation, and health care financing.
- Provide an overview of the role of the nurse manager interviewed. Summarize the information from the interview (do not report the interview question by question)
- Perceptions related to impact on health policy on decision. Perceptions related to impact of regulatory agencies on decision making. Perceptions related to impact of health care financing on decision making.
- Analysis of the interview supported by the literature
- .Submission Instructions:
- The paper is to be clear and concise and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation and misspelling.
- The paper is to be no shorter than 4 pages; nor longer than 5 pages in length, excluding the title, abstract and references page.
- Your paper should be formatted per APA and references should be current (published within last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions).
- Incorporate a minimum of 3 current (published within last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within your work. Journal articles and books should be referenced according to current APA style
Nurse managers play a pivotal role in the health care system. They work with staff members to coordinate all aspects associated with daily patient care in their units (Warshawsky & Cramer, 2019). Furthermore, by ensuring that patients, their families, and staff communicate effectively, nurses’ managers can facilitate the delivery of high-quality and safe care to patients in their unit (Warshawsky & Cramer, 2019). As a nursing student, at times, even though reading about the roles played by a nurse manager can be informative, attaining the required competency on this topic will require me to interact with a nurse manager. Doing this will give me a first-hand account and experience of the various roles played by a nurse manager. In line with this, the paper will summarize and analyze an interview I recently conducted with a nurse manager to achieve the above objective.