Identify a news article that discusses a current event or social issue that relates to your field of study.
Task: Identify a news article that discusses a current event or social issue that relates to your field of study. Follow the instructions below to explain the issue, provide an additional example of the issue, connect the issue to your field of study, and pose questions about the issue.Source: They are attached to the assignment. Choose either one. And answer the questions below.
Formatting your assignment
Incorporate these elements of APA style:
- Use one-inch margins.
- Double space.
- Use an easy-to-read font between 10-point and 12-point.
Note: Title page is not required, but make sure you include your name and a title that reflects your topic at the top of the first page.
Number your answers and/or include the assignment questions so your instructor can see that you addressed each part of the assignment.
Respond to each of the following.
1. Provide an APA-style reference for the news article you selected. The format for the reference is as follows:
Author, A. A. (Year, Month Day). Title of article in sentence case. Title of Newspaper in Title Case and Italics. Retrieved from http://www.newspaperhomep
2. What is the current event or issue that is being discussed in the news article? Explain the event or issue, assuming your reader has little or no prior knowledge of it. Answer in 1-2 paragraphs.
3. Describe a specific real-life situation (other than one discussed in your news article) where the issue at hand has been observed. This could be something that happened to you or someone you know, or it could be a related event in the news. Explain the connection to the event or issue in your news article. Answer in 1-2 paragraphs.
4. What is your field of study and how do you see it relating to the event or issue in your news article? Answer in one paragraph. I don’t have a field of study yet. Associates in General Studies.
5. What do you want to know about the issue or event in your news article? List two or more questions that you could pursue as part of your research.